czwartek, 13 czerwca 2019

Americano

And again... my first american typewriter ;)
I did some cleaning - to my suprise typewriter is in nearly mint condition. It still have factory oil on the carriage and cover rails.
It's also a very complicated typewriter to dismount the covers... It took a lot of unscrewing and planning :)
It is different than Olympias or Olivettis that I had pleasure to work on. The philosophy of engineers behind made it like nothing else around :) I like the design - it is in common to last line of Hermes 3000, the past 1970 ones (I value it the most from the 3000 series...). It's like took from some classic Sci-Fi movie.
So... for some time it will be my "english" typer - for correspondency, maybe some stories ;) Time will tell.

1 komentarz:

  1. you can find information on adjusting the space bar trip here:
    https://munk.org/typecast/2015/02/23/adjusting-the-space-bar-on-a-1960-smith-corona-galaxie/

    I've never seen that green SCM cleaning tool packet intact, even here in the USA. You got real lucky there (:

    OdpowiedzUsuń